How to become a Registry Provider
Looking for Meaningful Part-time Work?Do you Enjoy Helping Others?
As an In-Home Care (IHSS) Provider,
You would be helping low-income seniors and disabled people remain safe and independent in their homes by providing assistance with their activities of daily living.
IHSS Provider Tasks May Include:
Transportation to Medical Appointments
Bathing/ Grooming / Personal Hygiene
Transferring from bed to wheelchair
IHSS Provider Pay and Benefits:
IndependenceYou choose your own schedule and clients
$17.93 per hourOvertime and travel time available
Free Trainings On Homecare TopicsSuch as Mental Health & Grief, Alzheimer's/Dementia
SatisfactionKnowing you are helping someone who really needs it!
IHSS Public AuthorityProvider Registry
- Complete and submit the IHSS Provider Registry Application.
- Attend an In-person Interview with Registry Staff.
- If your In-person Interview is successful, Registry staff will contact your references to verify your employment history and personal references.
- Clear a Department of Justice (DOJ) Criminal Background Investigation (CBI) / Live Scan fingerprinting. (If you have already completed Live Scan fingerprinting for Contra Costa County IHSS, you will not be required to re-do it, unless advised by Registry Staff otherwise)
- After you clear the background check, you will attend New Provider Orientation. (If you are a current IHSS provider and have attended New Provider Orientation within the last year, you will skip this step)
- Attend Registry Orientation with a Registry Specialist.
Please Contact Your Registry Specialist With any Questions or Concerns:West County & Spanish Speaking: Beatriz Salgado
Central County: Sandra Hare
East County: Chet Saechao